Enables the distribution of premium movies over the internet within a few weeks of theatrical release
Complete OTT device coverage (mobile, PC, set-top box, connected TV, gaming consoles...)
A secure player that enables the delivery of a new class of studio-approved video content including watermarking, screen recording detection and other advanced protection
Recently introduced entertainment technology has made at-home and on-the-go viewing compelling. Consumers increasingly expect full access to premium content on any device, anywhere, any time. Until recently, major movies were not released on consumer devices until 45 days after cinema premiers to avoid conflicting with theatrical revenues.
But as movie companies have begun experiencing flat global ticket sales and declining home entertainment revenues (down 6% in 2016 according to Variety) they now foresee a new model where movies are available beyond theaters only a few weeks after release. Due to the revenues at stake, movie companies mandate stronger security and illegal copy tracking technology before granting distribution rights over the top during this early release window phase. That’s why Inside Secure has introduced SAFEplayer Ultra which has been reviewed and endorsed by all major Hollywood studios. Its robust security technology is already used by more than 100 million people daily. A simple and common API across platforms allows the fast development of premium video applications. Finally, by wrapping the entire code and data with the most robust software protection solution on the market, SAFEplayer Ultra guarantees security for content owners granting rights to their most recent and valuable content.
SAFEplayer Ultra 2.0 provides advanced security features for popular streaming protocols such as MPEG-DASH, HLS, and Smooth Streaming with watermarking that traces the source of piracy leaks, and WhiteBox for sensitive data. In addition to Multi-DRM support for Microsoft PlayReady, Google Widevine, and Verimatrix ViewRight, SAFEplayer Ultra offers a new level of robust security approved by major Hollywood studios. It is provided as a downloadable SDK which addresses the new OTT market with advanced security features such as:
- Watermarking for high-value studio titles, Premium VOD, and live sports content where pirating subscribers are identified and taken down.
- Screen recording detection to prevent content from being duplicated from the devices.
- Enhanced rooting detection (for Android) and enhanced jailbreak detection (for iOS) to prevent potentially compromised devices from receiving premium content.
- Software root of trust: Associates the security assets for a single device so that if they are copied to another device they are not playable.
- Software secure content path: Makes sure that content data cannot be copied from the device’s memories and buses during its journey towards the display of the device.
Like all of Inside Secure's SAFEplayer products, features also include:
- Integrity checking, obfuscation, whitebox crypto
- PlayReady, Widevine, Verimatrix
- AES-128 encryption
- HLS, smooth streaming, DASH, CMAF, VAST, VPAID
- Subtitles, multi-audio, download and play, surround audio (DTS, Dolby...), analytics
- Virtual reality, 360°
- Android and iOS, tvOS, Android TV, browsers/PC, FireOS
- Quality of service and usage intelligence analytics
- Output protection