Senior Software Engineer
Software specification, design, analyses, verification in C, C++ for driver software on top of our Embedded Security Solutions.
- Have a strong affection with Embedded SW development and hardware, with an area of expertise in or related to networking, embedded CPUs, NPUs, security and communication processors, embedded operating systems, and especially Linux and its development tools.
- Development of embedded software products
- Architectural definition of driver development kits on top Silicon IP products
- Design and implementation of embedded software (C/C++ code).
- Integration and testing of Inside Secure products with third party solutions like network processor or communications processor based systems.
- Embedded software development and porting in linux environment, but in User Space and Kernel mode
- Maintaining Silicon IP simulation environment, involving Python modelling and C-models.
- Writing product documentation and update customer documentation with the newly implemented features.
- Assist Product Management, architects and management with product definition and development estimates.
- Take responsibility for the entire product life cycle.
- Write patents to protect our technology.
- Project management
Advanced technical degree incl. software skills (Bachelor, master degree, HTS/HBO)
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical industry in engineering positions at R&D centers or system laboratories
- Excellent Knowledge of Linux
- In depth knowledge of C programming language
- In depth experience in implementation level specification, design, implementation and validation/test of embedded software
- Experienced user of various software development tool chains, incl. linux tools such as gcc
- Able to work with Windows, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Team player
- Documentation skills, both text and drawings
- Ability to quickly read into new information and specifications
- Excellent communication skills (Dutch and English, verbal as well as written)
- Practical knowledge of embedded Silicon IP, cryptography and security
- Practical knowledge of network security protocols and security implementation
- Ability to communicate with colleagues that think and communicate in another domain (Silicon IP, electrical, management, business, sales)
- Colleagues developing software / drivers.
- Maintenance & Support team providing post-sales support for Silicon IP modules and its Drivers.
- Local colleagues within the Vught R&D team working on Silicon IP modules.
- Support Inside Secure’s Field Application Engineers with their sales activities.