Senior Digital Design Engineer
Silicon IP (module) specification, design, analysis, modelling, verification and synthesis.
- Functional specification, implementation and verification of security chip and IP Designs based on architectures and requirements as defined by customers, INSIDE Secure architects and product managers:
- Design and Implement hardware IP modules.
- Writing customer documentation of IP modules and design specifications.
- Implement and update verification environments to allow verification of the functionality of IP modules.
- Verification of Hardware IP modules and its Firmware (embedded inside IP modules).
- Deliver high-quality products to QA satisfying the requirements set for the projects.
- Assist with FPGA prototyping and validation.
- Create and Follow-up of IP’s development planning.
- Optimize IP technology to keep technology advantages over competition (power consumption, speed, silicon size).
- Assist product management, architects and management with product definition and development estimates.
- Own IP modules from design to release by QA.
- Write patents to protect our technology.
BSc Hons / BEng Hons or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or related subject
- Ideally 7+ years’ experience in the security or chip industry in engineering positions at R&D centres or system laboratories
- In depth experience in implementation level specification, RTL design, implementation, simulation, synthesis and timing analysis
- In depth knowledge of ASIC, FPGA and IP design technologies, implementation and verification methodologies
- In depth knowledge of embedded processor architectures (CPU, ARM, MIPS, Security Processor) and system interfaces
- Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms such as DES, AES, Poly1305, ChaCha20, Public Key Operations and Elliptic Curves
- Experienced user of industry standard ASIC implementation tools (Synopsys, Cadence)
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills (English, verbal as well as written)
- Practical knowledge of SOC on Processor Architectures
- Practical knowledge of cryptographic protocols and algorithms
- Practical knowledge of Python Programming Language desirable
- Ability to work to deadlines to support business objectives
- Colleagues within hardware IP team in Glasgow.
- Colleagues in the Vught (Netherlands) Design Centre
- Assist the Glasgow Support team providing post-sales support for the IP modules.
- Customers, supporting with pre-sales activities.
- Support INSIDE Secure’s Field Application Engineers with their sales activities.