Field Applications Engineer Americas – Content Protection
The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) is responsible for providing technical support for INSIDE Secure sales teams, customers, and partners (rep firms) throughout Americas for INSIDE’s software DRM and security products like the DRM Fusion Agents and servers. He is accountable to sales management for all aspects of the technical engagement necessary to support customer-facing objectives.
The FAE will be required to support a broad range of customers and technologies with a focus on the following:
• Developing technical relationships with customers and partners
• Winning new designs and opportunities (Pre-sales)
• Defending/supporting existing wins (Post-sales)
• Providing program management for existing key accounts (Post-sales)
• Giving customer feedback to internal engineering/technical teams
This position requires the FAE to have a broad technical understanding of INSIDE’s product portfolio with a special emphasis on DRM, multimedia, mobile devices, embedded systems and security. The position requires specialized knowledge of end user software environments including operating systems, compilers, and targeted applications.
The FAEs job duty is to support the sales process by working with account managers and internal engineering and application teams to enable new customer solutions based on INSIDE technology. The FAE will be responsible for leading technical discussions and resolving technical issues for solutions based on INSIDE products from design to mass production. The FAE will also be responsible for developing and maintaining software demonstrators on mobile devices.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Technical support for software DRM and security products from INSIDE Secure.
- Support regional account managers and reps in all technical aspects of the sales cycle.
- Collaborate with sales to identify and qualify opportunities for strategic accounts and new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Create and deliver accurate and technically savvy sales presentations to customers.
- Conduct on-site product demonstrations to convince potential customers to use INSIDE Secure solutions.
- Evangelize INSIDE Secure content protection solutions by applying in-depth knowledge of DRM, security, multimedia and network standards and market trends to the customer target markets.
- Participate in trade shows and specialized seminars to represent our products from a technical perspective. This includes speaking engagements, webinars, and customer-specific seminars.
- Communicate requirements learned from interaction with customers to the product managers. This information is extremely valuable for roadmap creation/validation and any customization needed to win a given opportunity.
- Proactively monitor industry trends where DRM and/or security could be a requirement and report back to product management for possible inclusion into product roadmaps.
A BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education & experience is acceptable.
- All candidates applying for position must have significant (at least five years) experience supporting software customers in a pre-sales “customer facing” environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and the ability to manage complex problems involving multi-disciplined, cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated “can do” attitude with a strong drive for success and teamwork.
- Must be able to provide a proven and successful track record supporting technical products in the software space.
- Must be team spirit
- Must be willing and able to travel to customer locations if necessary.
- Ability to work in a low-structured, independent environment.
- Knowledge of software creation methodologies (Agile, Waterfall…)
- Strong knowledge or expertise of security technologies (DRM, software protection, anti-tampering techniques…)
- Good knowledge of multimedia technologies (H.264, HTTP streaming, AAC family…)
- Experience with OTT, chipsets and security markets and good contacts in those markets
- Knowledge of Android and iOS ecosystems wished
- At least 7 years of experience globally
- Excellent spoken and written English
• VP of Sales
• Regional Account Managers
• Product Marketing Managers
• Product Line Managers
• Engineering and Applications Lab Managers
• Business Line Managers
• Potential and Existing Customers
• Partner Reps
• Systems Integrators, Consulting Firms